Oatmeal has several benefits to the health and the benefits of oatmeal for skincare has been proven and tested ages back. The most recognized way of curing skin conditions like eczema and hives is by dipping in an oatmeal bath. It helps in soothing the skin from itching.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
Here are several significance of Oatmeal bath
- Oatmeal bath is significant when your skin is rough and dry
- It restores and brings the moisture of the skin to normality
- Oatmeal bath aids in the exfoliation of skin in a tender manner
- There is no need to utilize soap when using oatmeal bath as it eradicates the dirt that is stuck to the skin surface
- It helps in relieving itching
- Oatmeal bath aids in healing moderate skin irritations.
Oatmeal Bath for Hives
Hive is a skin condition medically recognized as uriticaria. It is as a result of an allergic reaction to substances that are considered harmful by your body. Little bumps with serious burning and itching are frequent symptoms of hives. The skin changes to red and there is a moderate elevation in body temperature.
Oatmeal bath is very significant for healing and eradicating the symptoms of hives.
Oatmeal bath can be prepared with ease;
- All that you require is powdered oatmeal, this can be prepared by blending oatmeal using a blender
- It is essential for the oat to consist of a powdery consistency as it merges well in bath water
- One or two teaspoon of blended powder should be added in a jug of warm water to aid in testing the consistency. The oatmeal has been blended thoroughly if the powder absorbs well and the water becomes smooth and milky
- The tub should be filled with warm water
- A cup of freshly grounded oatmeal powder should be added into the tub
- A cup of milk can be added for a more soothing effect
- The ingredients should be mixed properly with your hands so that there is even distribution of oats in the water
- Exercise care as the tub gets slippery
- Soak in the bath for 30 minutes.
- Do not utilize soap.
- Dry yourself utilizing a towel.
The irritated skin is soothed by the bath because of hives. It also minimizes inflammation and itching.
Oatmeal Bath for Eczema
Eczema is a severe skin condition which leads to serious rashes and dry skin. The condition is effectively treated by Oatmeal bath. The moisturizing effect aids in helping the skin maintain its smooth and soft feel which is essential for any eczematous infection. The more your skin is kept moisturized in eczema the better it is to eradicate the symptoms of burning and itching.
The preparation of Oatmeal bath is prepared using the same process above. You would require ground oatmeal and warm water in a bath tub. One cup of oatmeal should be equally mixed in warm water and you should soak in the tub for about 9-15 minutes. Exercise caution as the tub gets slippery when the oatmeal powder is wet. Your body should be washed with cold water after 15 minutes without utilizing soap. Your wet body should be dried with care using a towel. Virgin coconut oil can be applied on the affected parts after bathing with Oatmeal.